Saturday, June 29, 2019

1788 In Full Bloom Mixed Media oil and water color painting








First painting after my cataract surgery, I was having fun with colors! I tried a new to me technique. I took a piece of watercolor paper, coated it with clear acrylic. This was to protect the paper from the oil paints. Then painted an under painting with watercolors. Then went over that with oils. It was about 5 sessions with letting it dry in between times and tweaks. Its a fun technique, something a little different.  Its loosely based on a photo I took while I was at a Heathcote Botanical Gardens plant sale.



Its 9 x 11 inches, watercolor and oil on watercolor paper. 

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $200 USD

No comments:

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...