Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Daily Painting 999 SOLD Deep Woods

SOLD This one was fun, I started it awhile ago, it was a drip painting. Thin paint is dripped on to the panel and tilted up so the paint runs and then I kind of direct some of the drips with my brush and look closely at the painting to see how I want to develop it. I didn't see much at the time, saw the two larger trees and figured I would do something with them when it dried. So I picked it up and finished it, changed the colors, it was just purples and blues.

Its oil, 5 x 7 inches on masonite.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love it Lori! The drip trees are cool!
Karen

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks so much Karen!

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...