Thursday, December 17, 2009

Daily Painting 993 Trail in the Oxbow Dahoon Holly Palmettos Plein Air Alla Prima

I was painting this in the Oxbow Eco Center and two groups of children on a field trip walked by. The rangers asked them if their parents liked coffee and it turned out all of them did. The rangers then told them about the wild coffee plants there that the settlers used for their coffee but they said coffee made from them tastes awful. Some day I'll have to try some, and paint some too, they are pretty. There are some blue berries in the painting, I forget what the rangers said they were, they told the children not to eat them, they would cause tummy troubles of the violent sort. The wild grapes they said were good. (most of the wild grape I have had were small, seedy and sour) There is one wild grape vine in my yard that has pretty good grapes, they are small seedy and sweet. The tree is a dahoon holly that I have heard called the Florida holly also.

The children all walked by my painting, everyone of them saying it looked nice. In those exact words! One boy said something different, he thought I was doing a good job. The ranger told me that they had to say something and I told her I thought it was good they were polite. I figure I have a nice looking painting here all those kids can't be wrong.

Its oil, almost all painting knife, lots of texture. 8 x 10 on a luan plywood panel.
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $300 USD
Or, send me an email

No comments:

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...