Saturday, March 31, 2007

Daily Painting 187 Work in Progress Fort Pierce Inlet State Park


Sometimes a painting just doesn't work. The lower painting is what resulted when I took a piece of newspaper and pressed it onto the bad, wet painting. The image is what remained after the newspaper was pulled off. I am liking it better already!

I wish I had taken a photo before but I was aggravated at myself and didn't even think about it. It had been a plein air sea grape tree.

Then I put the image into photoshop and started to play with the composition and photoshop filters. The offending image was too centered with two even tree trunks so I added the trunk to the right and came up with the top image. I'll try and translate something like that into paint on the original board in the next day or so.

Its 8 x 10 oil, or the original one is anyhow! The new one only exists in the computer at the moment. Click on them to make them bigger, the texture on both is interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lori, I love your work and your blog. You seem so willing to be open and to share yourself. I am from a big tx city but find it hard to meet others who are informal and just about painting! Thanks for sharing and I wish you the best. A painting a day is a great idea. I think I'll try it. Where do you put the others to dry when you start the next day's work?! Do you just have stacks of canvases? It would be great to hear from you. I am 48 and paint in oil and watercolor. Thanks! Patti

Lori McNamara said...

Hi Patti,

Thanks! If you look at my more recent ones there is a photo of my studio, I used a dvd case and also my husband made me some wooden things with slots that the paintings fit into. Good luck!

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...