Friday, May 19, 2017

SOLD 1700 Garden in a Palm Tree

SOLD have been wanting to do a painting like this for ages, I have always been charmed by plants using a palm tree as a host for them to live upon.  This one is based on a tree at Heathcote Botanical gardens which has the vine and bromeliads growing up the palm. I took some liberties with the background, wanted it to be abstract so the viewer could see what they wanted in it.

I was using my new water mixable oils, had read you cannot mix them with water.   I don't know where that idea came from, but I hadn't read those directions (?) when I started using them.  It looks like it works fine, I used them about like watercolors in the back, got them totally liquid and dripped them onto the panel, tipping it this way and that to get interesting flow patterns.


Painting is 8 x 10 inches, oil on masonite, 

No comments:

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...