Thursday, March 16, 2017

1687 Rising Tide, Old Fort Park, Plein air alla prima

 This is down on the river bank by the Old Fort Park.  The sea grape is leafing out with its bright leaves, I love how the sun shines through them like stained glass.  Very windy and chilly, the painting was started and blew down on my palette right after I started so I had a line of dots on the bottom of the painting, it was fun to work with some un-planned colors.  Then on the photo below, I was about half finished and you can see the tide is washing over my easel's feet.  I somehow moved fast enough so I didn't get my feet wet.  The small dark dot in the water by the sand bank is a bug, I'll remove it when its dry.

I really didn't want to get out of my nice warm nest this morning but I was glad I did, it was beautiful out.  

Its 8 x 10 inches, oil on masonite.
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $500 USD


No comments:

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...