Thursday, May 05, 2016

1652 Red Fig Ficus Plein Air Alla Prima




Very windy day today,  I had to hang on to my hat and sometimes the easel.  Those are whitecaps in the inlet, it was that color, a beautiful teal blue. This is out at the causeway park, I was going to do one of the historic buildings there but the water was so pretty I wanted to paint there.  I have been doing some paintings at home and left my favorite knife there.  So I had to use a big one I had along, it has a 3 inch long blade with a rounded tip.  It worked well for making the big leaves of tree.

The tree is some kind of ficus, has pretty bright red figs.  I tried one one time and it wasn't sweet. 
Its 8 x 10 inches, oil on masonite $300.

No comments:

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...