Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Daily Painting 934 Flower Shop

This is an old one that started out as a plein air (from life) painting. It was at the Village Shops in Vero Beach. The owner of the shop saw us painting outside and kept bringing more flowers out, it was lots of fun. I have been sorting my paintings lately trying to get them organized better. I tweaked this one some and I like it a lot better than when I first worked on it. Its oil, 12 x 8 inches on masonite. I painted it in January 2005. $300.

4 comments:

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

This is quite complex Lori. Nice painting. Hard to believe you didn't stick in a palm tree. Great restraint.

Lori McNamara said...

Ha! Check the far right, there is a baby one there. Thanks Bill.

Philippine flower shops said...

Hmmm.... this painting looks so real. I love it! Wish I can also make something like that. Anyway, thanks for sharing. Keep posting!


-fern-

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks much Fern!

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...