Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Daily Painting 118 Work in Progress Royal Poinciana


















This will probably take me a few days, its 18 x 24 inches. Excuse the glare, I will try and get a better photo tomorrow. It will have a royal poinciana tree to the left and some cabbage palms in the background with a path leading to the water. Its oil and so far all knife painted. Its a studio painting from my imagination. I will be looking at my palms and poinciana tree tomorrow while I paint and the sky is how it was today. My poinciana tree has no blooms and very few leaves, it is like northern trees, it drops its leaves in the winter. Its a good time to see its structure anyhow.

No comments:

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...