Sunday, February 25, 2018

1742 Family Reunion Plein air

I painted this one a few weeks ago out at the Inlet State Park.  I was tired and not too happy with the way it looked so I let it sit for awhile.
About a week ago I tweaked it a little and still wasn't happy. Today I picked it up and I think its finally finished!  Originally it was very even, palms were very much alike, same colors in them, foreground and background boring.  I fixed up the sea grapes under the palms and added the one in the left background.  I added the trail and made some of the palms come forward and some go into the back.  Some are thinner and some thicker.  It made me think of families, how in most families there are differences and similarities in how they look. That is how I came up with the title.

 The painting is 8 x 10 inches, oil on masonite,
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $300 USD

No comments:

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...