Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Daily Painting 305 SOLD The Neighbor's House on Indian River Drive

SOLD This place is next door to ours, its over 100 years old. Here is a little history of it, when I was little the Boyds lived there. Nana Boyd taught me to sew, we made a bookmark for my mom. Mr. Boyd raised bees and once him and my dad got all dressed up with long clothes, gloves and nets over their faces. They got a bunch of honey, I remember gallons of it in our kitchen. The Boyds moved or passed away, not sure which and the Hannahs moved in. They had four children, three boys and a girl. I got all the hand-me-down clothes from the girl. The boys were wild, would shoot at me with a bb gun. They didn't like school and skipped it a bunch. The truant officer came over and Daddy saw the boys chase her away with a baseball bat. After those people moved, the Ames came, I didn't have much to do with them as I was away from home for awhile in Georgia. The Posthumus family was there when we moved back here, they were nice with two children, we felt bad when they had to move. Coleen and Mike live there now, she takes in foster dogs from the humane society, teaches them how to get along with people. We got our Whisker when we met him across the fence when he was staying there. 5 x 7 oil.

8 comments:

tlwest said...

beautiful painting - I love the flowers

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks Teri! The flowers are in my yard, there is a legend that they are hurricane flowers, when they have a good bloom there will be a hurricane.

bj said...

You live in a most wonderful place! I love the story about the house. There is so much history around us every day. We just have to stop and listen.

Lori McNamara said...

Thank you BJ! I am wondering if I can do the other neighbor's house, its view for me is blocked by a bunch of plants, its pretty jungley. I could ask I suppose, hehehe!

tlwest said...

now my Brom has not bloomed at all but it bloomed twice the year we got all the hurricanes :(

Lori McNamara said...

Then we should be safe this year if yours didn't bloom! ;oD

Anonymous said...

This is REALLY GOOD! The plants, the house, and the palms... they are all perfection! WOW! I loved hearing about all the families too. The boys with their baseball bats chasing the truant officer! Yikes. The Boyds sound so nice.. perfect neighbors for a little girl on the river.

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks so much Helen! Its been interesting living next door to that house.

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...