Wednesday, May 27, 2015

1600 SOLD View of the Savannas Bridge Plein Air

SOLD I have been going through my paintings, they had gotten out of control, some I have put aside to tweak, others I had never put on the blog. Then there are a bunch that have been to shows and never got re-filed. This one  is a plein air, I painted it earlier this year.  I had put it aside because I wanted to brighten up the bridge a bit and add the bird.  So it is still considered painted en plein air, as most is from life.  I won't call it alla prima any more as it wasn't painted all at one time.

I painted it at the Savanna Recreational area, off Midway road.  Its a lovely area, usually lots of birds and tortoises, sometimes you get to see an alligator.

 This one is 5 x 7 inches , oil on masonite, lots of textures

No comments:

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...