Sunday, November 16, 2014

1588 It Was This Big! Fishing oil painting





 I want to paint more people, I had lots of fun painting this one.  I took the photo from the Museum Causeway park looking towards the turning basin.  I didn't even see this boat till I got home and put it on the computer, it was real far away.  The original background was the docks and some large boats.  I may do one of those it looked pretty cool too.   But I wanted to do the palm tree background with this one.

Painting is 8 x 10 inches, oil on masonite

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $300 USD

2 comments:

René PleinAir said...

Love it, it's got the same feeling Judith Rigter paints overhere, ... you might wanna have a look at here site:

https://picasaweb.google.com/105313799323071666953/SchilderijenJudithRigterHolland?noredirect=1#

It's a bit large so be patient about the loading time. Scroll a bit and youl see the fishermen in their boats.

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks Rene, I like her work too. I don't see any fish though, no one is catching anything! Here is another one of mine with a fish, LOL! http://lorisart.blogspot.com/search?q=fishing

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...