Thursday, September 20, 2012

Daily Painting 1448 Scheffleras in Bloom

These huge scheffleras are growing in the back yard, they are also know as umbrella plants. The scheffleras have grown so large they are taller  than some of the palm trees.  They are around 30 or 40 feet tall.
 They are usually seen as a tiny plant in a dish garden. I painted this from life awhile ago, 2003 I think.  There were some things I didn't care for in the painting so I tweaked it a bit and here it is again.  Its 11 x 14 inches,
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $300 USD

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I'm guessing from your description that these are tiny in your back yard? If so, I'm so surprised because this looks like a regular landscape to me with large palms (of some sort). Rather mesmerizing to see it in two ways (small plants vs. large palm trees).

Lori McNamara said...

Oops, no these are all large trees, people get the scheffleras in dish gardens and they over grow their dish and they plant them outside and the things grow huge.

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...