Monday, August 15, 2011

Daily Painting 1297 SOLD Pelicans at the Fort Pierce Inlet

SOLD Finished this oil painting today 18.50 x 22 inches on masonite, I have been working and waiting for days on it. I let the different layers dry on big or complicated paintings so if I mess up I don't have to fix too much. I was glad I had, I was resting my little finger on the painting to steady my hand and got it into the wet wing. Then it got into the sky. I was able to clean it up without messing up my sky because I let it dry.
It is from a park near where I live, its the Fort Pierce inlet to the ocean in the background. The inlet gets a strong current between the jetties. The rocks across the inlet in the back are just a row of big rocks and the ones in the front are paved so you can walk easy on them and go fishing. There is a fish cleaning station in front of the pelicans, they get scraps so there is lots of activity there. Free shipping.


3 comments:

Jude said...

Beautiful work! I especially like the way you do the water and the sky.

Jude said...

Beautiful work. I especially like the way you do the water and the sky.

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks much Jude!

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...