Friday, June 24, 2011

Daily Painting 1277 SOLD Camouflage Fish Painting

SOLD I had a time with this one, I started it at the art bank. (they have an open studio on Wednesday nights) I had the background in and my studio partner said she saw a fish in it. I took a look and sure enough, I saw him too. So I started painting him in today, after turning the painting upside down so the sea fan would be growing in the right direction. (click the painting, you can see the texture of the fan better then.)

I started with a lion fish. Well, he didn't look good and there was a bunch of commotion going on in the house so I was distracted and I removed him. I put in the eye of the fish, it looked kind of like an eye there already and then the rest of the fish got painted with no more trouble.

Its oil on archival mat board

4 comments:

canvas artwork said...

love this painting, great

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Lori, I LOVE this one! That fish is the coolest guy ever!

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks loads Helen!

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...