Sunday, March 08, 2009

Daily Painting 804 Palms at the Backus Museum

This looks a bit different than my usual style because I took a workshop this weekend that fellow artist George Love put on. She was teaching about glazing and so we just used brushes. We started out with a black and white acrylic painting and then when that dried we added the oil paints in colors. It was super to try a different technique. We were outside so I did the three palms I could see in the park next to the museum.

I had a very busy week, Art Mundo put on all these demos and workshops "Discover the Artist Within" friday and saturday. I took this workshop and one on bookbinding and another on botanical printing. Then I gave an oil painting demo saturday, I'll post that tomorrow. It was a whole lot of fun and I hope we get to do it all again.

Friday evening I went to the Gallery 14 reception in Vero, I have three paintings in their Small is Big showing this month. Thursday was my reception at the Molly House, that was lovely and I sold a couple of paintings.

Its 8 x 10 acrylic and oil,
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $300 USD
Or, send me an email

No comments:

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...