Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Daily Painting 484 Calamondin Orange Tree at Heathcote Botanical Gardens Plein Air

This is a cool tree at Heathcote, it has tiny, tart little oranges smaller than golf balls. There were more oranges on the ground than on the tree, I thought they looked interesting and I had to try to paint them. Below is my photo, Allie the head gardener took my picture. It started out pretty chilly, I have lots of layers of clothes. She let me have some of their pretty oxalis, thats whats in the cup. The painting is 8 x 10 and not available right now.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lori: What a beautiful painting and a fun experience! I love how the focus is not on the tree (like the traditional layout) but on the bright fallen oranges! I really enjoy reading your blog--keep up the great artwork.

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks so much!

CobaltBlue said...

Lori: You look great!!! I love your apron!!

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks Mitzi, its about ready for a frame!

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...