Friday, February 09, 2018

1737 Alligator Morning Plein Air Alla Prima

I had lots of fun painting this on Thursday, just now posting it!  It was a beautiful morning, lots of nice, puffy clouds.  When I got up in the morning I thought it would be just blue skies because it was very foggy.  But by the time I got out to the paintout site it looked like this.  Not too hot or cold, just right. This was painted at the Savannas Recreational area, one of my favorite places to paint.  All my troubles melt away its so peaceful there.

 Saw lots of little alligators and saw lots of birds.  Heard the birds and gators too, the mother or father alligator must have been pretty close.  It sounded like it was coming from across the water behind the golden reeds.  If you look closely you can see a moorhen, alligator and grackle.

Oh, tomorrow,  FEB 10  10 to 3 is the Treasure Coast Party in the Park, at the Inlet State Park on north beach.  I am going to be there and have some of my paintings there too.  Free admission!  There are lots of other things going on too, scroll down, you can read more about it. 

The painting is 8 x 10 inches, oil on masonite. 
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $300 USD

No comments:

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...