Thursday, December 29, 2016

1674 Meandering Backwaters plein air alla prima

 I painted this today at Richard E. Becker Preserve. Its on Ten Mile Creek, part of the headwaters of the North Fork of the St. Lucie River.  So I kind of messed up with the title of the painting, should have been Meandering Headwaters.  But I like the Backwaters idea better, it feels like you are going back in time at the preserve, lots of tannin in the water, mesmerizing shadows and swirls just under the surface.  I saw one shadowy swirl in the water, looked like a monitor lizard, one of my friends thought it was an alligator.  But it wasn't dark, was light brown, had four legs, tail and head.  So I get up to see and its just a swirl, no animal at all.  I had lots of fun as always. 

8 x 10 inches, oil on masonite.
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $300 USD

No comments:

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...