Saturday, October 01, 2016

1663 SOLD Monarch Butterfly on the Amaranth

SOLD !  I have been painting this for a few days now.  I grew some milkweed and then watched this one grow from egg into caterpillar and finally into butterfly.  The cocoon was on a branch that got broken so I brought the branch into the house and when the butterfly came out I put it on the globe amaranth flowers.

The painting is 8 x 10 inches, oil on masonite.  $250.

I have also entered this years Inktober for the first time.  Here is the first one, its my dog Scouty.
They have prompts and the first prompt is "Fast."  I used a Sharpie pen. #inktober #inktober2016


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this Lori. Be safe in the hurricane. Our thoughts are with you. Nancy in PA.

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks Nancy! I think we will be fine, house is all boarded up and garage is almost done.

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...