Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Painting at the Old Fort Park SOLD Plein Air Alla Prima

SOLD  I went painting today.  Went to the Old Fort Park in Ft. Pierce to paint, it was beautiful out.  The painting below wasn't done today though, it was done back in May, there was the annual Souvenirs of Downtown paintout and for some reason I never got around to posting this painting.  I think I did the painting and was tired out, dropped it off at the show and that was that. 
I wanted to post it because the palm tree was blown down in Sandy.  My painting shows it still standing and then I took a photo of it today.   It is still alive and may survive, I know they sometimes do.

Update at October 19th,2014,  the big palm is no more, I checked out the park on a scouting trip for places to paint.  They are doing some work there, put in a new pipe and there is a big track hoe  down on the bank there.  I am hoping to paint there later this season, they have been doing lots of work there. 



The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on masonite.


2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I always hate seeing a tree down. They are so beautiful and do so much for us. Your painting is beautiful, Lori. I'd been wondering where you've been. The funk I can understand. Happens to me at times too. Glad you are feeling better.

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks Sherry, I am hoping the tree continues, lots of times they do. I only saw a few down from Sandy, not too bad.

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...