Friday, April 27, 2012

Daily Painting 1401 Double portrait work in progress

I have been working on this for a few days now its a double portrait that the family wanted done, the man has passed away.  The photo I am working from is at the bottom.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches oil on masonite.  I didn't like the composition so I cropped it.  Its still not finished, the lady is just sketched in and I need to do lots of detail work on her.  Her hair is barely started.  Her eyes and mouth are just started. I like how his eyes are coming out, they are looking to the side on the photo and they are looking to the front now.   Not for sale








2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Lori, this is coming along magnificently! Your portrait work is phenomenal!

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks much! Its been awhile since I did a portrait, forgot how fun they are.

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...