Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Daily Painting 1370 SOLD Hibiscus Aglow

SOLD I have some of these small stretched canvases, they are 6 x 8 inches and came in nice gold colored frames. This is one of them I had put some left over paint on to get rid of the stark white canvas. When I am out of ideas sometimes I can see things in the paint and in this one I saw the hibiscus so here it is.
There are some little flecks of colors in the leaves, I was holding the canvas up to get a good view and it slipped out of my fingers and fell wet side down onto my palette full of paint. I picked it carefully straight up and saw the dots of paint. I liked how they looked for the most part, I got rid of a few I didn't like and added a few more.
The painting is available framed for $125. You can contact me if you would like it without the frame.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Your story of dropping the painting had me both gasping in horror and chuckling at your happy accident. The colors in the flower itself are so fabulous, they draw me right into this beauty!

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks loads! I have dropped a few wet paintings over the years, been lucky, none have been a total disaster.

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...