Thursday, January 12, 2012

Daily Painting 1361 Pelican Pair on the Indian River



This one took a bit longer than usual, I had started the painting and ran out of time, thought I just needed to tweak one of the beaks. I picked it back up today and 40 minutes more of more tweaking than just the beak I feel it is finished. Its oil on masonite, 8 x 10 inches. I used one of my son's photos to paint from, his photo blog is here: http://garysphotog.blogspot.com/
Below is a crop of the painting so you can see the details better. To see even better, click the picture.
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $250 USD



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As beautiful as the pelicans are, it is that water that just pulls me right into this piece. Beautiful colors and depth to it. Perfection!

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...