Thursday, September 08, 2011

Daily Painting 1306 Twilight Forest gumbo limbos

I had no idea what to paint so I thinned my paints way down and made the background, letting the oil paints flow like water colors. I looked at the result and I could see the trees so I removed some paint and added more and started having fun.

I think they look a lot like gumbo limbo or tourist trees. This wasn't planned it just happened that way. Do you know why the gumbo limbo is also called the tourist tree?
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $100 USD
Or, send me an email

Its 5 x 7 inches, oil on masonite, $100.

2 comments:

Jude said...

I love these colours and there is such movement in this one.

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks Jude! I had fun painting it!

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...