Tuesday, July 12, 2011

SOLD Daily Painting 1286 SOLD I'm Crabby are You?

SOLD Actually I am relieved the painting is finished! I painted it and thought it was done. Hubby points out her one eye and claw aren't reading well so I get out my paints and tiny brush and poke and prod at it for awhile, seeing other things that need fixing too. So I get the camera out and then look at my photo of the painting and see some other stuff wrong, get out the brush and paints, made sure it was signed.

Painting this crab brought back some memories, when I was around 12 we went across the river to Little Mud Creek. We had some chicken parts and some nets, we would throw the parts into the river and the crabs would come to eat and we could net them up. My mother would cook them and we had them for dinner. Very sweet tasting.

The painting is 5 x 7 inches oil on archival mat board.

No comments:

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...