Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Daily Painting 1006 View from the Canoe Dock Plein Air Alla Prima, Oxbow Ecocenter

The painting is 8 x 10, oil on a hardwood plywood panel. I had a lot of fun painting it today, when I got out there was almost no water in the cut from the river. Lots of brown river plants were exposed and it didn't look very nice. So I figured I would just start painting and see if the tide came in. When I finished a few hours later there was lots of water and the lotus were floating on top.

We had a little freeze a week or so ago, it looks like fall around here, the hickory trees are golden yellow, and lots of smaller plants are purple or red.
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $300 USD
Or, send me an email


2 comments:

paintnpencil said...

Another beautiful painting, well worth waiting for, thanks for sharing.

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks very much.

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...