Thursday, March 05, 2009

Daily Painting 802 Rocky Shore on the Indian River

This is from a photo I took, its 5 x 7 inches, oil. I have mixed emotions about this spot, I spent lots of happy hours shrimping here. There is a breakwater you stand on to see this view and at night you can hang a lantern over it and stand with a net and fish out the shrimp as they swim by in the ebbing tide. Their eyes glow from the lamp's light.

One day when my son was around three a companion and I were wading in the water with a seine net and my son was in back of us. We were out for shrimp during the day. A lady who was fishing on the bridge in back of us started to scream and we looked around and my son wasn't there. We dropped the net and dove in back of us and saved my son, he was fine but it was very frightening.
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $200 USD
Or, send me an email

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes, scary story! Thank goodness that lady saw him go in. Those things happen so quickly!

The painting is a stunner! Nice work!

Lori McNamara said...

Yes, for sure, I still get chills thinking about it. Glad you like the painting.

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...