Sunday, October 12, 2008

Daily Painting 707 Red Hibiscus

Its 5 x 7 acrylic. I got some sample paints in the mail, Golden Open Acrylics. There were three little packets, so I opened them up and started painting. They stay workable a lot longer than regular acrylics which I had to dig out to finish the painting because the red wasn't the right red for the painting and there wasn't any yellow. It seems like they are nice paints, probably better for artists who use brushes more, the texture isn't as high as with my oil paints.
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $100 USD
Or, send me an email

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I clicked on the emlargement of this, Lori. OooooooOOO... it's so nice! Great details and great color. I got those same samples from Golden Open but haven't played with them yet. I love oils too, but I'm not using them right now because they take so long to dry. Not sure I want my acrylics to take longer too! haha! Well, I should bite the bullet and play with the samples, because you sure make them look good! See ya!

Lori McNamara said...

They don't take as long as oils to dry, its sort of like if you add a dryer to oils or use alkyds. Its interesting to play with anyhow.

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...