Thursday, August 07, 2008

Rainy Day Cabbage Palms Native Florida Plants

Its 8 x 10, oil. Plein air painted in the rain in June 2003. I sat outside under the house eave and let the painting get wet as I painted, it was pouring rain. The paint acted sticky and it was an interesting experience. It has suffered no bad effects in the last five years.

It doesn't seem that long ago, seeing the painting brings it all back to me. I had on flip flops and my feet got wet from the rain, it was cold. I was painting very fast.

I have a cold and I am tired so I thought I would post an old painting. Its one I am fond of so its not for sale.

4 comments:

Fawn McNeill Barr said...

Hope you feel better!

Love the spider lilies.

Paintdancer said...

You did a great job at capturing what Florida looks like on a rainy day, Lori. Very atmospheric! We don't see that grayness very often down here. I painted in the rain once on the beach, and I loved the way it came out, too. I'm sorry I sold it now. It's good to keep the paintings that we are fond of, and you are right to keep this one.

Hope you feel better.

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks Fawn!

Lori McNamara said...

Thank you Maryanne! I try to keep paintings that have a special memory for myself and family. Especially vacation ones.

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...