Friday, February 15, 2008

DAILY PAINTING 500!!!!!!! Its Me! Self Portrait

I was a nervous wreck the last three days, I didn't have a clue what to paint. I knew what I wanted to paint today but not then. It feels so weird to know that I have posted so many paintings. I am not sure whats next, I don't think I am going to be posting every day but who knows. I think it will be less now, there is a lot in real life I want to do other than painting every day. This is me at Heathcote Botanical Gardens here in Fort Pierce. I think Amy, the director there took the photo I worked from. It was real cold that day, thats why I have the heavy shirt on. Its 8 x 10, oil and not for sale.

8 comments:

Julie Lounibos said...

Very nice Lori. I think that the experience of doing 500 paintings really shows in your accomplished style and technique. I love the colors in this one, especially your jacket and contrasting flowers.

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks so much Julie!

CobaltBlue said...

Yippie!!! Lori, you did it!! Love your self-portrait. I think you're going to really reap the benefits from working so hard all this time!!

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks Mitzi! I hope so, it would be lovely!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm just thinking about starting to paint daily but with so many projects going I'm not sure how it's going to happen...maybe posting twice a week to start. I love your self-portrait. It's drawn me in off the "webway" to a peaceful spot. I've just been out surfing the daily painter blogs trying to figure out how to list mine. Visit me at tinaswindell.blogspot.com
Best wishes on your painting journey!
Find Joy!
Tina

Lori McNamara said...

Thank you Tina, its hard to figure out how to do it every day sometimes.

Trine said...

This is adorable. I bet it makes all of want to visit you and get you as out favourite friend or aunt or whatever depending on age. Lovely painting. I hope you will do more self portraits.

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks so much Trine! There is another of me, DP 365

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...