Saturday, November 10, 2007

Daily Painting 405 Pink Grass

This is from in our back yard, there is a nice patch of this pink blooming feathery grass. I mowed the lawn the last time out back so I went carefully around it so I could enjoy the flowers longer. Its very cool, red when it starts blooming, fading to pink, then white. It feels like silk when you run it through your fingers. The sun shines through it and it glows nice.

That's a bay tree on the right, kind of turned into a big bush after the twin hurricanes a few years ago. Its 4 x 6, oil,
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $65 USD
Or, send me an email

4 comments:

René PleinAir said...

Now this one gonna stay on my desktop for awhile, what a nice view, and what a nice painting Lori, it gives a feeling of a lavender field, you almost can smell it, ... MMMMMmmmmm.

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks Rene!

bj said...

Now this one is special. The sky is darker than usual. It has a rather fantasy feeling. And I love the way you always describe the "what, when, where" of your work.

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks BJ, I always try to let everyone know whats going on but sometimes I get too rushed.

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...