Monday, November 05, 2007

DAILY PAINTING 400!!! Along Indian River Drive


This is my 400th daily painting today so of course I wanted it nice. This painting was trouble from the get go. At one point it had a huge happy face in the bushes. Most artists know all about these gremlins, a person is happily painting along, putting darks and lights in their trees and bushes; they step back to check their work and there will be a critter or face peering out at them. Often they don't show up till you get the painting photographed and there it is looking out at you on the computer screen. And once you see it, your eyes keep going back there.

So I finally get it going all right, got rid of the smilie face and then I am taking it to the car and it falls over jelly side down of course. I got it home and fixed it up, not what I really had in mind for the afternoon.

Its 11 x 14, oil.

5 comments:

Lorelle Miller said...

Hi Lori,

I love this painting. It simply feels right to me. A beautiful expression and image.

Lorelle

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks so much Lorelle, I am glad you like it!

Madison Moore said...

This is GREAT!

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks so much Madison!

bj said...

Jelly side down! I laughed when I read your description. I happens to us all, but I think it adds character to the piece. It 'grounds' it, so to speak :o)
(just couldn't resist)

But just think that the earth that you were capturing in pigment was actually included in the painting.

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...