Sunday, June 17, 2007

daily painting 261 Whisker's Bad Night Not for Sale


We had an awful awful night! Whisker was out back, my husband had been out twice trying to get him to come in but he was having too much fun. So I go out to get him in, don't see him and I whistled and he screamed at me. He had hurt his hind leg. I couldn't see anything wrong, if I touched it at all he would yowl. So we hobble back in and he goes under the computer desk and cries. We looked and looked at his leg, it was getting a little better, I could touch everything except the foot. Nothing felt broken or swollen. Gave him doggy aspirins. That kept him till 2 am then I gave him some antihistamines, we figured it must have been a yellow jacket sting. He is fine today, not limping anymore. He started out jumping off the bed, just fine and then he thought about it and limped a little and then forgot about it again.

We felt so bad for him, he looked soooo sad. If he moved he would whine or moan, awful! The painting is 5 x 7 , oil and not for sale, my husband has claimed it.

4 comments:

René PleinAir said...

Ach wat sip!

Ow how sad!

But what a touching painting Lori!

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks Rene! I think there is nothing sadder than a sad dog!

He is fine and happy again, getting into trouble and having a wonderful time.

bj said...

Oh, Lori! Being the animal lover that I am, my heart sank when I started reading your story about Whiskers. But I was so relieved to find out that he's ok now. What a sweet face he has! Give him a rub on the head and a scratch behind the ears for me.

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks BJ! I will! He likes getting scratched more than anything, thats his favorite.

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...