Thursday, June 07, 2007

daily painting 251 The Lotus Patch at Mckee's Botanical Gardens, Vero Beach

This was one of those paintings that give you a fight to finish. I started it at the gardens with a knife and I was not happy with the way it came out so I pretty much re-painted the whole thing with a brush when I got home. I think it is finally finished, got to see it in the daylight though, I put the final touches on it tonight. Its 8 x 10, oil, knife and brush. Click it to see it bigger than life and see all the texture.
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $300 USD
Or, send me an email

8 comments:

René PleinAir said...

WOW!! that turned out very VERY well.

Your color sense is sooo good.

Lori McNamara said...

Aw gee, thanks Rene!

Lori

Paintdancer said...

This is my all time favorite of yours. It is truly gorgeous!

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks so much Maryanne!

bj said...

Your name came up last night at an artists' reception for the "Brush with History" art show in Tunnel Hill, GA.

One of the members (Tim West) of our other blog (www.southernpleinairpainters.blogspot.com) commented that he loves the texture and colors of your work. Some of the visitors and other artists were asking who/where about you.

Networking - it's a wonderful thing indeed!

Lori McNamara said...

Goodness BJ, Thanks so much for telling me! Networking is cool!

Anonymous said...

Really exciting work! You must surely be pleased with the end result? In all your works it looks as if you really love the paint - and the thick knife-applied textures are so good for foliage.....

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks Margaret, I am happy with it now. Lori

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...