Thursday, January 04, 2007

Daily Painting 112 Plein Air Rainy Nocturne


SOLDIts 8 x 10, oil all knife. Plein Air, Alla Prima. Yesterday the moon was so pretty I was sorry I hadn't tried to paint it. So I took note of the time of the moon rise tonight, spent about an hour waiting for it to appear over the clouds on the horizon. I finally said I had enough, got my paints out and sat out front and started the painting. I figured I would put in the moon when it made its appearance. Well, it never showed up, it started raining instead. I didn't get too wet it just now started raining hard. I am happy with the way it came out and so is one of my friends who came by and purchased it.

4 comments:

Jamie Williams Grossman said...

Lori, I love this to bits! I can see why it sold so quickly. The moon was so gorgeous....'Wish I could have gotten out there to paint too, but I'm glad one of us did!

Jamie

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks so much Jamie! I finally got to see the moon late when it was overhead, the last walk of the night for the dog. Misty and fuzzy looking, pretty.

Lori

Fawn McNeill Barr said...

WOW!

Fantastic, evokes so much emotion!

Fawn

Lori McNamara said...

Thank you very much Fawn!

Lori

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...