Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Daily Painting 45 Blue Palms


Its 8 x 10, oil, I started it yesterday at Weatherbee Nursery. I did the little divisions at the bottom of the trunks at home. I am thinking the trees are about 5 years old as thats how many outside rings they had.

I may not sell this one, at the moment I am too fond of it, it was a fun one to paint, everything just fell together and I am very happy how it came out. Its one of those painting that I hardly thought while painting, sort of painted itself.

2 comments:

Nina Kuriloff said...

It's a very lovely painting!
Your palette is terrific!
:)

Lori McNamara said...

Thanks so much Nina! It was mainly viridian and ultramarine with some cadmium yellow and some mud from the last painting.

1851 Jetty Morning

  Did this awhile ago at the Jetty park here in Fort Pierce.  The painting is 12 x 16 inches, oil on canvas panel. It will be at our art sho...